This year, we've had fun picking and canning 12 jars of tomatoes, 12 jars of grape juice and 49 jars of peaches. Apples from my old house are next, and hopefully some peach jam and chili sauce.
Mom's going to write step by step instructions I can put on here so we'll always have it, RIGHT MOM?
1. Pick the peaches at Grandpa Porter's house
2. Blanch the peaches in boiling water and peel the skins off
3. Sneak a few bites--warm fresh peaches are YUMMY
4. Fill the jars to the top with sliced peaches, then fill with sugar water (mom, how much sugar to water and fruit fresh)?? She responded fast...
5. Wipe the tops of jars clean and put a sterilized new lid on top. Soak the lids in boiling water for a minute or two. Put the ring on as tight as you can.
6. Boil the jars completely covered in water in a canner for 30 minutes
7. Take the jars out straight up out of the water (do not tip like my mom is doing here :) LOL and place on a towel until the POP!!
Ah, don't they look great!! Enjoy all winter long