General GuidelinesDo not use any metal spoons or bowls for mixing.
Do not refrigerate.
Do not forget to let the air out of the bag every day or two.
Do not flip out if you forget about it for a couple of days.
It is normal for batter to rise, bubble and ferment.
InstructionsDay 1: Do nothing
Day 2: Mush the bag
Day 3: Mush the bag
Day 4: Mush the bag
Day 5: Mush the bag
Day 6: Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup milk to the bag. Mush it all together well.
Day 7: Mush the bag
Day 8: Mush the bag
Day 9: Mush the bag
Day 10: Bread baking day! Read the rest of this page thoroughly and get to cooking.
- Pour your mix into a non-metal bowl.
- Add 1½ cup flour, 1½ cup sugar, and 1½ cup milk. Mix it well.
- Measure out 4 separate batters of 1 cup each into 4 one gallon sized Ziplock bags. Keep a starter for yourself, and give the other 3, along with a copy of these instructions, to friends. Write today's date on each bag so your friends will know what to designate as Day 1.
- Preheat your oven to 325
- To the remaining batter in the bowl add the following:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil (or ½ cup oil and ½ cup applesauce)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 large box of instant vanilla pudding