Friday, July 11, 2014

Homemade Mayo

Oh hai!
remember me?

no??

To be fair, I'm not even sure I remember how to do this.

Life happened, also lots of changes dietarily speaking, but lets just start with the farm fresh eggs I got my hands on, and my new-found avoidance of all things processed.  They obviously add to homemade mayo right?

I found two recipes online that sounded promising and sort of blended them together. (get it?) 
SUCCESS - oh so yummy!!!





There were things I liked about both, mainly using the entire egg and not just the yoke like recipe 1, and blending two kinds of oil like recipe 2.

All ingredients were room temperature.  The eggs actually haven't been refrigerated at all since being laid this morning. (it's not weird)

2 whole eggs
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground dry mustard
1/4 tsp himalayan salt
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup coconut oil

I used my ninja ultima blender at a 2 speed setting.

Start with just eggs and blend until smooth
add lemon juice, mustard and salt, blend until smooth.
with blender going slowly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil first.  I should have timed myself but it felt like several minutes just for the olive oil.  
With the coconut oil since it is solid at room temperature I heated it just enough to make it liquid and then drizzled that in. 

That's it!!

Want to know what I plan to do with it?
veggie dip
chicken salad
coleslaw
creamy veggie salads
deviled eggs
egg salad
and obviously a plain ol' condiment 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails